Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cherokee Ranch Castle

Mom was here for a visit before her trip to Germany. Took her to tour the Cherokee Ranch Castle just down the street from me, maybe some 15 miles. It's built in 1926, on a bluff with incredible vistas of the valley, foothills, and Rockies. The stories about the second and primary owner of the property, Tweet Kimball, brought such life to place. Incredible woman.

It was a beautiful clear morning as you can tell by the color of the sky in several shots. Sure, some it due to the camera exposure, but you can't get that rich color except on days like these. It's gorgeous lately; fall now so we're in for more wonderful temperate days. I love this time of year. Each day, more leaves turn...I need to set of and start taking fall pix. Love the rich colors.

I'll have to go back with my "real" camera. Took lots of pix with my pocket camera and something happened to corrupt 90% of the pictures I took. Very sad. But maybe if I get out there in the next couple of weeks, I can capture some of the castle surrounded by fall colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment