Tuesday, May 12, 2009

My new adventure...IfThenRadio.com

I've been meaning to update my blog about this but finding the time lately is challenging!

I’ve gotten very involved with a tech association in Colorado, CSIA, and long story short, I’ve started a new podcasting venture with a friend called IfThenRadio.com. This is in addition to my primary business with Fred, VeriPoint. It’s been an amazing 5 months since we started in January. Though I never had any ambition of becoming a “podcaster”, I’m meeting so many great people through it and am enjoying it immensely. We are also so very fortunate that Fred’s brother, Will, has radio, music, and film experience. It’s completely because of him we have such high quality recording and mixing.

The podcasts to date are about technology companies and their affiliation with CSIA’s annual events. So far my very favorite podcast is one of newest releases on Kathleen Morten (included in the below newsletter) a local teacher who won “Top Tech Teacher of the Year” and her students. We have a couple of other podcast series in the works. One will focus on high level business trends and “Lessons Learned”. The other is an education series focusing on outreach programs for at risk or low income kids. A couple of the non-profits already lined up are OpenWorld Learning and JAG. In fact because of all of this activity, we are helping to organize a call to action and fund raiser for OpenWorld Learning. The best part is that up to $30,000 will be matched 100%! So if you’re feeling altruistic and want to give back to the community, please donate a few dollars to a great cause and an amazing program.

No comments:

Post a Comment